2848037 - Internal Resource Capacity with Production Order
Internal Resource Capacity allocates all the daily capacity of one resource to each production order.
Reproducing the issue
- Go to Resources → Resource Master Data and create a new resource, for example, Resource1.
- On the Planning Data tab, set Standard Daily Capacity to 7.75 for each working day under Daily Capacity Factor 1 and 60 for each working day under Factor 2. Daily Capacity and Single Run Capacity are 465 for each day.
- Go to Resources → Set Daily Internal Capacities and choose Resource1.
- For Set Daily Capacity Basis Using select: Data from Planning Data tab of Resource Master Data. Click Update.
- Go to Production → Production Order. Add a production order with one Route Stage and component Resource1 as Resource.
- Planned quantity of Product No. is set to 50. Routing Date Calculation is set to Start Data Forwards. Click the button Update Now.
- Confirm the pop up that appears: Do you want to update the Start and End Dates and Resource Allocation field?
- Base Quantity of Resource1 is 100. Available quantity is less than Planned Qty. Calculation Proportion % is set to 50.
- Note: Available is lower than Planned Qty for Resource1.
- Go to Resources → Resource Capacity, Capacity Type: 'All'.
- Choose Resource1. Click Refresh.
- Check the Committed line: the system will suggest to use 50% for the first day and 100% for the following days.
This is correct system behavior because the calculation proportion % is only applied to the allocation of the first day. Once the job has started, it will continue – and therefore absorb the resource completely – for all subsequent days until it is finished.