3376270 - Approval process is not triggered when updating A/R Invoice
The approval process is not triggered when a field is updated in an existing A/R Invoice.
SAP Business One
Reproducing the Issue
- The Enable Updating the Document Generated/Updated by Approval Process checkbox is selected in Administration → System Initialization → General Settings → BP tab.
- An approval process is set for the A/R Invoices (Administration → Approval Process).
- Create an A/R invoice with setting a value in the Indicator field on the Accounting tab of the document. When the invoice is added, the approval process is triggered.
- The authorizer approves the document and the final A/R invoice is created.
- Open the A/R invoice created in step 2 and change the Indicator field, then choose Update.
The approval process is not triggered and the A/R invoice is changed.
This is correct system behavior because the approval process is re-triggered only in case the following documents are updated:
- Sales quotation
- Sales order
- Purchase request
- Purchase quotation
- Purchase order
- Inventory transfer request
- Inventory counting
- Return request
- Goods return request
- Blanket agreements
- A/R down payment with CreateTran (Create Journal Entry) as "N"
- A/P down payment with CreateTran (Create Journal Entry) as "N"
- Delivery / goods receipt PO / goods return / return in non-perpetual inventory system (Administration → System Initialization → Company Details → Basic Initialization tab → Use Perpetual Inventory parameter is unchecked).
For other documents, the update of an approved document will not trigger a new approval process, for example A/P and A/R invoices, A/P and A/R credit memos.