1410560 - How to Recover B1SiteUser Password
It is not possible to recover a B1SiteUser password; it needs to be reset.
To reset the password, please follow these steps:
- Open the SAP Business One Service Manager.
- Choose License Manager service → Settings; the General Settings window is displayed.
- Choose the Configure Security button and then choose the Forgot Password button.
- In the Change Site Password window, fill in the required entries (Enter New Site Password and Confirm New Site Password.
You should now be able to perform the necessary tasks where the B1SiteUser and password are required in the SAP Business One application.
3043081 - How to Reset the B1SiteUser Password When Users Forget Their Password
B1SiteUser passwords can be reset in an insecure way.
B1SiteUser passwords can be reset by specifying a database credential registered in the SLD. However, development database credentials have less protection than product ones; even a customer developer could create a database server, phish the B1SiteUser, and add it into the SLD.
As of SAP Business One 10.0 FP 2111 (SQL version), the reset_b1siteuser_password script is removed.
The B1SiteUser passwords can be reset with reconfiguration of SAP Business One. To do so, perform the following:
- Run the following file:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SetupFiles\setup.exe.
- ChooseReconfiguration and provide a new password in Reconfigurationpanel.
- After the Reconfigurationis complete, the B1SiteUser password is changed.
As of SAP Business One 10.0 FP 2105, the "Forgot password?" link is removed from the Cloud Control Center logon page.
B1SiteUser passwords can be reset using the following procedure:
- Run the following file (depending on whether you installed the SLD on Windows or Linux):
- Linux: /usr/sap/SAPBusinessOne/ServerTools/SLD/tools/reset_b1siteuser_password.sh
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One ServerTools\System Landscape Directory\tools\reset_b1SiteUser_password.bat.
- Follow the prompts to specify a value for each required parameter. The required parameters include: the SLD database user name, the SLD database password, and the B1SiteUser new password.
- The new password takes effect after you restart the SLD.